It has been brought to our attention that few private organizations have been established with the name of MahaIT and offering job opportunities to candidates. Please note that Maharashtra Information Technology Corporation Limited(MahaIT), is a Government of Maharashtra Undertaking company and has only one authentic web site URL/address/Link i.e. https://mahait.org. and it has no branches outside Mumbai.
It was observed that there has been an increase in recruitment fraud involving scammers who post fraudulent jobs openings, or who contact job-seekers with fake job offers. These individuals sometimes even conduct fraudulent interviews with an attempt to obtain personal information or money from the applicants. We have also noticed that certain individuals claiming to be from the MahaIT Recruitment function are contacting prospective candidates pretending to represent MahaIT with job offers. In case you or any candidate receives any unsolicited or fraudulent communication regarding a job offer or an interview call against payment of money, please stay alert and recognize it as a scam. On receipt of an interview call, to prevent falling victim to the same, the candidate may take some measures such as visiting the official MahaIT website to verify the source and authenticity.
Disclaimer: How to identify Recruitment Fraud
- MahaIT does not send job offers from free internet email services like Gmail, Yahoo, Rediff, Hotmail and so on.
- MahaIT never requests for fees for any purpose during or after the hiring process. MahaIT will never request money for the opportunity to apply or work.
- The hiring process involves at least one in-person interview at MahaIT office premises. MahaIT will not request for an interview on any instant messaging applications.
- The MahaIT Recruitment team corresponds from email addresses with the domain "https://mahait.org". However, there is also a possibility of scammers to display the sent email domain address as "https://mahait.org" fraudulently. Nevertheless, receiving emails will be possible only with the legitimate "https://mahait.org" domain. In case any generic email ID ending with Gmail/Yahoo/Rediff/Hotmail domain is copied while receiving a job offer or interview call, please be alert on the likelihood of a scammer.
- The MahaIT Recruitment team does not request or require personal documents like bank account details, tax forms or credit card information as part of the recruitment process.
Considering the technical feasibility of receiving spoofed mails, candidates are requested to take due care to validate the authenticity of the source of the email. If you are in doubt or unsure about the source of job offer, please login to the Career section on the https://mahait.org website to verify the job offer or the application.
If you believe you have been a victim of a recruitment fraud, you are requested to approach the law enforcement agencies immediately.